It's report card time!!!
For me, I call it procrastination time! If there is a cupboard to clean, groceries to buy, a walk to be had, or chocolate Easter eggs to be eaten, I am on it! It's not that I don't like report card time, it's just I have a hard time settling in and getting started. Once I get my "game face on", I am a report card writing machine, whipping out meaningful detailed comments. I LOVE thinking about my little firsties and smiling over just how much they have grown. My report cards are due in about 72 hours....... so a little more procrastination with a blog post won't hurt.... right?
1. March kicks off with a Dr. Seuss theme in my classroom. How excited was I to see the Cat In the Hat cam app was free for a limited time only! It is normally $1.99 but I see it is still free tonight. Check out it out if you want to Seussify your friends!
2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the Teach Me apps. I was thrilled to see they have released a Teach Me 3rd Grade version just last week! I am thinking about buying this one for the 3rd grader who lives in my house! It's $1.99.
3. I have been LOVING my dropbox app. It is just what I needed and has simplified my life this past month! Although the camera upload is certainly SLOW!
4. Tonight as I was browsing the blogs I follow (another great way to procrastinate), I discovered the creator of one of my most favorite tech blogs created a website of all her Seasonal games. How awesome it that. Of course I added that short cut to the seasonal page of my class wiki! This is TOTALLY worth checking out. There are apps for each seasonal site too! I plan to check out the St. Pat's ones tonight!
5. Today we held a fundraiser at our school "Ipod/Hat Day". Students could pay $1 to wear a hat during school hours and $1 to listen to songs on their ipod (whatever device they own) during working time. The fundraiser brings in a few hundred dollars, the kids LOVE it and my class has never been SO quiet, aside from a few "burst into song moments" lol
So I suppose I have procrastinated long enough. Happy weekend everyone!